Xiaomi has unveiled its latest mid-cycle flagship refresh, the Xiaomi 13T Pro. This new addition to the T lineup is particularly noteworthy for its collaboration with Leica in the camera department and its ability to bridge the gap between the Number and T series. Additionally, the Xiaomi 13T Pro boasts of being the first waterproof smartphone in the Xiaomi T lineup. In this review, we will delve into the features and upgrades offered by this model, including a faster chip, enhanced charging capabilities, 8K video capturing, and Wi-Fi 7.
Design and Display:
Sporting a design reminiscent of the Xiaomi13, the Xiaomi 13T Pro is an IP68-rated smartphone available with a glass or eco-leather back. Its centerpiece is the impressive 6.67-inch AMOLED display, featuring a resolution of 1220p and supporting a dynamic 144Hz refresh rate. With a color depth of 12-bit and Dolby Vision technology, the screen ensures an immersive visual experience.
Performance and Storage:
Under the hood, the Xiaomi 13T Pro is powered by the top-of-the-line Dimensity 9200+ chipset, the best MediaTek SoC on the market. The phone offers a choice between 12GB and 16GB LPDDR5X RAM options, coupled with UFS4.0 storage, which is currently the fastest available in the market.
One of the standout features of the Xiaomi 13T Pro is its Leica-powered rear camera setup. The device boasts a primary 50MP camera with optical image stabilization (OIS), accompanied by a secondary 50MP camera featuring a 2x zoom lens and a 12MP ultrawide camera with fixed focus. Notably, the main camera supports impressive 8K24 video capturing, outperforming the 4K60 capability of the Xiaomi 13T.
Audio and Battery:
The Xiaomi 13T Pro is equipped with Dolby Atmos stereo speakers, perfectly complementing the visual prowess of the Dolby Vision screen. Powering the device is a substantial 5,000mAh battery with support for 120W fast wired charging. Xiaomi claims that you can achieve a full charge in just 19 minutes, making it convenient for users on the go.
Xiaomi 13T Pro Specifications at a Glance:
- Body: Dimensions of 162.2×75.7×8.5mm, weighing 200g; Gorilla Glass 5 front, glass or silicone polymer back, plastic frame; IP68 dust/water resistant (up to 1.5m for 30 minutes).
- Display: 6.67″ AMOLED screen, showcasing 68 billion colors, with a 144Hz refresh rate, Dolby Vision, HDR10+, 1200 nits (HBM), 2600 nits (peak), 1220x2712px resolution, 20.01:9 aspect ratio, and 446ppi.
- Chipset: Mediatek Dimensity 9200+ (4 nm) featuring an octa-core processor (1×3.35 GHz Cortex-X3, 3×3.0 GHz Cortex-A715, and 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A510); Immortalis-G715 MC11.
- Memory: Options of 256GB 12GB RAM, 512GB 12GB RAM, or 1TB 16GB RAM; includes UFS 4.0 storage.
- OS/Software: Android 13 with MIUI 14.
- Rear Camera: Primary wide-angle lens with 50 MP and f/1.9 aperture, featuring OIS; secondary telephoto lens with 50 MP, f/1.9 aperture, and 2x optical zoom; ultrawide angle lens with 12 MP, f/2.2 aperture, and fixed focus.
- Front Camera: Wide-angle lens with 20 MP and f/2.2 aperture.
- Video Capture: Rear camera capable of recording 8K@24fps, 4K@24/30/60fps, 4K/1080p@30fps in HDR10+, 1080p@30/60/120/240fps; supports 10-bit LOG and gyro-EIS. Front camera supports 1080p@30fps and HDR10+.
- Battery: 5,000mAh battery with 120W wired charging, featuring PD3.0 and QC4; Xiaomi claims a full charge can be achieved in just 19 minutes.
- Connectivity: 5G support, eSIM, dual SIM, Wi-Fi 7, Bluetooth 5.4, NFC, and infrared port.
- Misc: Optical under-display fingerprint reader, stereo speakers.
The Xiaomi 13T Pro is a remarkable addition to the series, introducing exciting features such as an advanced Leica-powered camera system and an IP68-rated design. While the 20MP Quad-Bayer selfie camera may be considered a legacy feature, it does not significantly detract from the overall experience of this flagship device. With its premium specifications, rapid charging capabilities, and a superior camera setup, the Xiaomi 13T Pro stands out as a top contender in the smartphone market.
Unboxing the Xiaomi 13T Pro:
The Xiaomi 13T Pro comes packaged in a sturdy paper box, distinguishing itself from the more compact and environmentally friendly boxes of competing brands like Apple, Samsung, and Sony. Upon opening the box, you will find the phone itself, complete with a pre-applied thin protective film on the screen.
Within the paper compartment, Xiaomi provides a transparent soft case for added protection, along with necessary paperwork.
At the bottom of the box, you will discover a 120W GaN brick and a USB-A-to-C cable, conveniently included.
In conclusion, Xiaomi has once again impressed with its latest flagship offering – the Xiaomi 13T Pro. This smartphone combines cutting-edge technology, exceptional camera capabilities, and rapid charging to deliver an outstanding user experience. Whether you are a photography enthusiast or a power user seeking high performance, the Xiaomi 13T Pro is definitely worth considering.